Feb 11, 2011

Good Reads: Well, Actually, A Good "Listen"

I know you have an extra hour you can dig up somewhere.

If you can find that hour...

...you might want to spend it soaking up Francis Chan's message from last week's Desiring God Pastors' Conference, Prayer as a Way of Walking in Love.

I listened to it from 10:30-11:30 p.m. It was better than sleeping. Way better. It was that good.

Don't worry. It's not just for pastors. It's about this:
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)
It's about knowing God is there, with you. Loving to be with him. Talking to him. And hearing him, talking back to you.

I can always grab some sleep, but there are only so many hours in the day to be with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment